Teaching and Support Staff Positions
Who we look for
Long Bay College is a Decile 10 school located in Torbay, Auckland. We seek skilled, enthusiastic and dynamic teachers and support staff who are willing to embrace our digital campus, and enjoy and celebrate high academic and co-curricular achievement. A commitment to our culture of care is essential.
If you are interested in joining a college that nurtures students to care, create and excel, we would welcome your application.
Current vacancies are listed below.
How to Apply
Download the appropriate form for the position you are applying for, then email your completed application to the Principal at [email protected] or send to PO Box 89007, Torbay, Auckland 0742.
Opportunity to work in a school that nurtures students to care, create and excel.
Applications Close: N/A – Ongoing
Please apply by providing your CV to the Principal at [email protected] or PO Box 89-007, Torbay, Auckland 0742.
We offer an exciting opportunity to teach in the Science Faculty at one of New Zealand’s leading coeducational schools (please state your subject specialism in application).
We are open to both experienced and beginning teachers, who will be supported in a well-resourced and experienced Faculty. A commitment to our culture of care is essential.
Successful applicants would be expected to participate in the extensive extracurricular programme of the college.
Start Date: Term 1, 2021.
Applications close: 5:00pm on Friday, 26 February 2021.
Please apply using the Teaching Staff Application form above.
Are you a creative, brand storyteller and content creator?
We’re looking for a mid-level, mature, Communications and Marketing specialist to join our College. You’ll work closely with internal stakeholders to develop content that raises the profile of our school and its people. You will have brand management experience, be active on social media, write for our website, newsletter and local magazines and produce advertising and publications that engage our community.
- Ensuring our brand is represented consistently and to a high standard.
- Developing, writing and creating material that celebrates the successes of our school and students for digital platforms and hard copy publications.
- Supporting our senior leadership team and other internal stakeholders with communications for events, projects and campaigns.
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a communications and marketing role.
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- A love of social is a must, plus experience in a range of social media platforms.
- Great relationship management skills.
- The ability to understand, own, manage and be the voice behind our unique brand.
- Bring empathy and live out our values of Care, Respect, Creativity and Community.
- Be a fantastic copywriter with excellent editing and proof-reading skills.
- Photography and design skills, ideally in Photoshop or InDesign.
- Knowledge of web CMS’s, ideally WordPress.
- Highly organised, hard-working, flexible and a motivated multi-tasker.
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a fantastic school that has passionate people behind its development and growth.
- Put your unique stamp on the role and bring new ideas to the table.
- Enjoy a beautiful location with nearby beaches and great cafes (plus a newly renovated office will be ready for you later this year).
- The chance to make a positive difference to a much-loved organisation at the heart of a growing suburb.
- Support young people positively at a critical time in their schooling.
This full time role sits with the College’s Administration team and reports to the Business Manager.
Applications close: 5:00pm on 12 March 2021.
Please apply to the using the Support Staff Application form above.
A highly organised and capable person with excellent communication skills is required to assist the Head of the Faculty of Learning Support.
We require a person who has:
- Experience as a teacher aide/tutor
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Passion for supporting students with learning and behaviour needs
- Sound administration skills and professionalism
Hours are 30 per week during term time, fixed-term for 2021, starting as early as possible.
The position will fit within Grade B-C of the Teacher Aide Work Matrix.
Applications close: 5:00pm on 2 March 2021.
Please apply using the Support Staff Application form above.