The Careers Centre is a place where first steps are taken on the career pathway for students. The Centre is available to assist students with subject selection and preparation for tertiary study and the world of work.
There is a wide range of resources available in the Careers Centre:
- Career Central, an online programme which provides personalised career planning
- Prospectus and course booklets for universities, polytechnics, private training providers, industry training programmes and apprenticeships.
- Guest speakers from tertiary institutions and companies.
- A computer suite for student use.
- Future Pathways programme information
- Student job vacancies.
- One-on-one sessions with the Careers Advisor
Opens a new pathway from school to the world of work. It’s a great opportunity for students to blend school study with workplace learning and training and assessment. Gateway helps students build their skills for employment, working in real workplaces on real tasks. It gives opportunities to try out potential careers and build links to industry training organisations, modern apprenticeships and workplaces.
Individual Programmes and Short Courses – these facilitate individual learning programmes for students such as courses with outside providers and short introductory and holiday courses. These courses are available to students from Year 11-13.
We can also arrange workplace tasters and distance learning courses. For further information, contact the Careers Centre, Room A3 on campus.