We offer you a warm welcome at Long Bay College
Our International Team provides a level of care and commitment that will quickly make you feel at home, ready to experience what New Zealand has to offer you. We fully support our International students settling into a new way of life, adapting to different systems and making friends in our community. Whether you choose to come to New Zealand to improve your English, experience a different culture and lifestyle, or complete your academic studies here, our dedicated, friendly staff will help you move forward and achieve success here.
As a school, we value the diversity that International students bring with them and the opportunity to learn together. We are proud of our multinational community and our positive, inclusive environment.
On a personal level, we have an absolute passion for working with our International students. We love teaching them English, getting to know them better, working with them on their study pathways, helping them understand the cultural differences, discussing any challenges they may face, helping them resolve any issues. Through the activities we do and the conversations we have, we share a lot of smiles, fun and laughter and learn from one another to ensure their time with us is successful.
Now, we invite you to join our college to experience quality education, care and lifestyle. We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you into our Long Bay College family.
To discover more about Long Bay College, you are invited to take a virtual tour. You’ll meet both students and staff and discover the amazing educational and co-curricular opportunities our school provides. See details below.
Deputy Principal (International)
Take a Virtual Reality Tour
Experiencing what secondary school is like at Long Bay College just got easier. Access a virtual tour of the school online and meet our staff and students.
- The VR is almost 1GB. Space may need to cleared on your mobile before you begin.
- Most phones will automatically scan a QR photo. You can open the photo and click the photo me
nu to find the QR scan (see ‘more’).
- Please allow time to download the experience (it may take up to 10 minutes depending on your wifi and available space on your phone).
- We recommend deleting the VR app from your mobile once you have finished.
Instructions for VR headset
If you have a VR headset, follow these instruction to download the VR App for the full, immersive experience.
- Use your mobile but make sure it is connected to wifi.
- Scan or take a photo of the QR code.
- Download and install the VRDirect app.
- Enter code LBCVR if needed.
- Click the ‘goggles’ icon on the VR.
- Construct your headset and place your mobile inside.
- Take your virtual tour!
At Long Bay College you will:
Choose subjects to suit your interests and aspirations
- Whether you choose Sciences, Arts, Business, Technology or Sport, we offer subjects that will inspire you.
- Study English for Academic Purposes – multi-level English language courses which promote additional academic skills and cultural understanding.
- Gain NCEA qualifications through individualised pathway guidance to support University Entrance.
- Choose to study for Scholarship examinations and be amongst the top students in New Zealand.
- Attend our after-school English Academy, where you can accelerate your English acquisition.
- Sign up for our intensive IELTS programme, leading to an internationally recognised English qualification.
- Gain Adobe and Microsoft qualifications through our accredited courses.
Enjoy our modern facilities, extensive park-like grounds and friendly community:
- Highly resourced media, computer, science, language and technology classrooms
- Modern learning environment in maths, business, art and photography
- Well-equipped fitness centre with climbing wall
- Auditorium with drama, dance and music workrooms
- Commercial grade hospitality classroom and state-of-the-art design technology facilities
- Sports fields and courts for our wide range of sports on offer
- Quality accommodation with our caring local homestays families, in a safe, top residential area near the beach.
Get involved in many opportunities beyond the classroom
- Discover Aotearoa NZ, outdoor education programmes on our beautiful Long Bay beach. Try out new water sports, and learn about environmental protection and our Maori cultural partnership.
- Choose from over 50 co-curricular clubs and activities on offer, including sports, drama, dance, music, robotics and sustainability.
- Take part in our Cultural Festival week, where all our students showcase their cultures and celebrate our diversity.
- Learn valuable leadership skills through our many leadership opportunities and aspire to become one of our Cultural prefects.
- Join our International Camps and learn to surf, paddle board, kayak and cycle. Also take in native tree planting and caving.
- Visit the capital of Maori culture and boiling mud, our stunning natural conservation islands, and the Hobbiton Movie Set. There are also opportunities to join supervised South Island tours.
Feel the connection before you begin
- New students can talk to our global alumni community via our online Chat page for additional hands-on information.
- Our experienced, caring International team will welcome you and support you to succeed in whatever areas and activities you choose.
- The college’s buddy system will help you make new friends and provide support to settle in before you even arrive.
Auckland is New Zealand’s largest city and economic hub
It has 30% of the country’s population
It is located on a beautiful harbour surrounded by stunning beaches
It has a mild climate throughout the year
It is regularly ranked among the top cities to live in
It has all the benefits of a large city – with major sporting events, concerts, shows, cafes and restaurants, and well-known brands in modern shopping malls.
Auckland is a multicultural city and home to many nationalities. People from all over the world choose to live and study in Auckland, making it a vibrant, exciting place to be. It celebrates cultural diversity and is known for events like its Chinese New Year Lantern Festival, Pasifika Festival and Diwali
Why New Zealand?
New Zealand is famous for being one of the most beautiful, peaceful countries in the world. Similar in size to the United Kingdom or Japan, it has a fraction of the population. It is one of the safest places to live, ranked in the top 10 countries in the world.
Lush green countryside, snow-capped mountains, marine reserves, beautiful beaches and vibrant cities provide many exciting recreational activities in New Zealand. An outdoor adventure paradise, it is also a haven for relaxation with well-kept parks, walkways and recreational areas to enjoy, even in the biggest cities.
The youngest country in the world to be settled, with Maori arriving about 900 years ago, many different cultures have now made New Zealand their home. New Zealand is a country where hard work, innovation and resourcefulness are highly valued. This means New Zealand-trained professionals are in demand around the world.
Home of the mighty All Blacks, champions of the America’s Cup, land of the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, and renowned for a positive, friendly, ‘can-do’ Kiwi attitude, New Zealand has a lot to offer!