SUBMIT YOUR LOCKDOWN LIFE STORY TO OUR COMMUNITY TIME CAPSULE!
The COVID-19 pandemic Alert Level 3 and 4 lockdown has been an unprecedented global event that will never be forgotten. To make sure we capture this unique time in history, we would like you to document your experience and enter it in our Long Bay College lockdown life capsule. After the time capsule is sealed in 2020 it won’t be re-opened for 25 years! This is a unique opportunity to share your story with future generations and explain how you lived through this significant time in history. Members of our school, community and local businesses are all welcome to contribute their stories. Please submit your stories and pictures by July 31, 2020.
HOW TO GET STARTED
- Write up your story electronically, e.g. in Microsoft Word.
- See the list below for story prompts and examples of lockdown stories.
- If it is easier, copy and paste the prompt questions below and answer them to help create your lockdown story.
- Please provide information that truly reflect your personal experience.
- How did you feel/react when the Government announced the country would be going into lockdown?
- How was the first few weeks of lockdown for you?
- How was life in lockdown different for you from regular life?
- Did your feelings about lockdown change over the 49 days of Alert levels 3 and 4?
- Who shared your lockdown bubble?
- Did you expand your bubble when the Government changed from Alert Level 4 to Level 3?
- Did you learn any new skills and/or hobbies or develop them further during lockdown?
- Did you make/create something cool during lockdown? Perhaps you have written a short story or recorded a Tik Tok video that you would like to share?
- Can you think of a funny moment that occurred during lockdown?
- What was a highlight of lockdown?
- What was a lowlight of lockdown?
- On reflection, what are you most grateful for about the lockdown experience?
- Did you learn anything special about yourself during lockdown?
- Who or what did you miss the most during lockdown?
- As a student, what was your online learning experience like during lockdown?
- What is one piece of advice you would tell our future generations about how to survive life in lockdown?
Please also share any photos and videos from your time in lockdown.
Step 2: Send your Lockdown Life stories to: [email protected]. Upload any photos or videos you would like to include as well.
Note: The information you provide for the Time Capsule items will be stored electronically on a USB.
Step 3: Look out for further notices from Long Bay College about our plans for the Lockdown Life Time Capsule.